Monday, March 14, 2022

My Top 5 News Sources


1. My most used news source at this point is probably Twitter. I think out of all the places to view news on social media, twitter is probably the least censored.  However, there are still plenty of issues with twitter. Twitter is extremely toxic and it is near impossible to have a decent conversation on there. People love jumping to unreasonable conclusions and trying to start fights over nothing. Another issue is the way they do censorship. I understand not wanting lawlessness on your app but Twitter just tends to ban people for no reason. Large accounts will be often taken down out of nowhere and they dont answer any questions about it. The only reason I use twitter over instagram and facebook is because it feels like you have a little more control over your algorithm. 80% of the posts I see are from people who I follow and they do a good job keeping the feed on stuff I enjoy. 


2. My second most used news source is probably TikTok. This is purely because I use the app a lot.  I dont go on this app looking for news but it always comes to me. What I have always found weird about tiktok is that I have always seen both sides to every story. on TikTok. My feed has always been really unbiased and I find that so odd from such a censored app. The downside for using. TikTok as a news app is that you will get a lot of filler content. I would say only one in 5 or 6 posts is from someone you follow. So you will get a lot of "random" content in between the wanted news. 


3. My third most used news source is YouTube. Again, I dont use YouTube to watch news specifically but I will see a lot of it from recommended on the home page. Youtube is good because the clips of news are longer than most social media but not a whole broadcast. You also can really choose what you are going to watch and it isnt just pushed in front of you. Downside of YouTube is easy misinformation since anyone can post anything and make it look true. 


4. My next most used news source is probably CNN. I really dont watch news that isnt from my top three sources anymore. But when I was still at home my parents listened to the news 24/7. We watched Fox in the morning and CNN in the night every day. I think that CNN is a decent news source for current non political news but when I stay away from watching it for political purposes. 


5.  Last is Fox News. It is really tied with CNN but again I dont really use it anymore. I just got really tired of the obvious bias on both Fox and CNN and didnt feel like any good came out of keeping up with TV news. Fox is decent with non political news and tends to not twist stories as much as CNN but they for sure still do it. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology is changing the world!

Technology has changed the world as we know it. With that being said, what is technology? Technology is essentially using science for purpos...